What to Expect
What to expect at First
- Come as you are atmosphere. If you feel comfortable in a suit or blue jeans you will be comfortable here.
- Worship services that last for one hour
- Biblically based messages delivered from one of three Pastors
- Fun teaching for your kids and teens
- A place to belong: Meet people you can laugh, grow, and serve with. We have groups for men, women, couples, college students, hobbyists, athletes, and more!
- A place to grow in your faith: We have a variety of Sunday morning opportunities for kids, teens & adults to deepen their faith walk in a Sunday school setting. We also are various other opportunities for small groups and bible studies.
- A place to make a difference: God can use your skills to transform lives at and around First Church & the world.
What we Believe
Read "What's so special about the United Methodist way?" by Pastor Bob Phillips
United Methodist Christians practice an open table. All Christians, regardless of denomination, are welcome to participate in Holy Communion at First United Methodist Church Peoria.
You can enter our 116 NE Perry building through the front doors on Perry or through the elevator entrance at the side of the church (under the driveway awning off of Main).
Main access to our 700 Main building is through the parking lot door facing Perry.
All doors are open on Sunday morning. During office hours Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., enter the 116 NE Perry building through the front doors of the new addition and come down the stairs to visit the office.
Children during Worship
Children of all ages are welcome in worship.
Childcare (infants through preschool) is available on Sunday mornings in the secured children's area on the main floor of our 116 NE Perry Building. Come to the check in desk in the Gathering Space between our Sanctuary and Worship Center. Our paid and volunteer staff follow standardized procedures for the safety and care of your children. A professional nurse/supervisor is on duty throughout the morning. Our policies and procedures are available for review upon request.
The Gathering Space is located on the main level of our 116 NE Perry Bldg. A light breakfast is served from 8:00 - 11:00 am each Sunday morning.
The Word's the word in our Sunday School classrooms! Classes are held from 9:45-10:45 am for all ages (preschool 4 year old through adults). All children's classes are held on the second floor of our 116 NE Perry Bldg; junior and senior high classes are held at 700 Main and adult classes are offered in both buildings. Visit on Sunday School page under Connect.